Plumbing is something that every one of us uses and relies on. From our bathrooms to our kitchens, ensuring that all of your plumbing pipes are running smoothly and efficiently is important to your health and happiness. So, here is a list of great plumbing tips, tricks and advice, every homeowner should know!
1. Repair leaky faucets promptly; a leaky faucet wastes gallons of water in a short period.
2. Insulate your electric hot-water storage tank and pipes, but be careful not to cover the thermostat.
3. Insulate your gas or oil hot-water storage tank and pipes, but be careful not to cover the water heater’s top, bottom, thermostat or burner compartment; when in doubt, get professional help.
4. Install non-aerating low-flow faucets and shower heads, to save major bucks on your water bill
5. Although most water heaters last 10-15 years, it’s best to start shopping for a new one if yours is more than 7 years old.